Minneapolis-St. Paul Injury Lawyer Representing Minnesotans Injured in Dog Attacks
Dogs bite more than 4 million people in the U.S. each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nearly half of these dog bite victims are children.
If you or a family member has been injured in a dog attack, please contact me, personal injury attorney Justin Schiks. I help people in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and throughout Minnesota recover financial compensation for damages caused by dog bites. I pursue compensation for the full extent of your losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
Dog bites can cause serious injuries that may require multiple surgeries, including reconstructive surgery. The physical and emotional scars can last a lifetime.
Minnesota Dog Bite Law
Minnesota law protects the rights of dog bite victims to obtain compensation from dog owners and others who keep the dog. Injured people can collect all damages associated with the attack as long as they:
- Were “acting peaceably”
- Did not provoke the animal
- Were lawfully in the place where the attack occurred
What to Do After a Dog Attack
After an animal attack, seek medical care as soon as possible. It is also important to:
- Identify the dog that bit you and its owner so that you can determine whether the dog has been vaccinated for rabies.
- Get the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the event, if possible.
- Take photographs of the wounds.
- Call the police to make a report.
- Do not sign any statement from an insurance company, dog owner or property owner without first consulting with an attorney. Such statements can make obtaining compensation for your losses more difficult.
To discuss your case, please call 651-504-2564 or contact me by email. I have a record of success in dog bite cases and other personal injury claims.