Click Fraud Protection




Legislation, cases, law news…
FAQs about Drunk Driving/DUI in MN Drivers License, DUI, DWI

FAQs about Drunk Driving/DUI in MN

2 years ago by Brian
Share our post

Were you arrested for a DWI in Minnesota? You probably have a lot of questions about what could happen. Will you go to jail? Lose your driver’s license? Have trouble finding a job? 

Below are some common questions about drunk driving and DWI in Minnesota. If you have more questions, talk to JS Defense, PA, immediately. 

How Long Does A DWI Stay On My Record In Minnesota? 


A drunk driving conviction stays on your driving record forever in Minnesota. You also cannot expunge your record. The state uses drunk driving convictions in the last 10 years to enhance charges if you get another DUI. 

Will I Lose My Driver’s License After The DWI Arrest? 


You will lose your driver’s license if your BAC is .08% or higher, but how long depends on several factors, including your level of intoxication, drunk driving history, whether there was an accident, and more. 


A first DWI offense in Minnesota often results in at least a 90-day license suspension. However, your lawyer may be able to get you a limited driver’s license so you can get to work. 

I’m A Truck Driver. Will I Lose MY CDL? 


You could lose your CDL for a year or more if you are convicted of a DWI in Minnesota. 

When Is A DWI A Felony? 


Minnesota law states that a felony DWI offense is when you can get more than a year in jail. This could be the case if you injure or kill someone in a DWI accident. If that happens, you could be charged with criminal vehicular operation or vehicular homicide.  

How Much Will A DWI Cost Me? 


The fine for a first DWI in Minnesota is $1,000, but the economic effects can be far worse. In addition, a DWI conviction could affect your job prospects, so hiring a DWI Lawyer is best to fight the charge. 

Will I Go To Jail For A DWI Conviction? 


Maybe but not always. A DWI Lawyer may be able to help you avoid jail time with a diversion program. Whether or not you go to jail also depends on whether you have previous DUI offenses. 

What Should I Do If I Get Pulled Over For A DWI? 


The first thing you should do is call a DWI attorney. The sooner you have a DWI attorney in your corner, the more likely you can mitigate the charges. Remember not to give any statement to the police without your lawyer present. 

Can I Get A Limited Driver’s License To Go To Work? 


Some drivers may be eligible for a limited driver’s license. This often depends on how intoxicated you were and your previous DWI history. 

Do I Need To Have An Interlock Device Put On My Car? 


You may be able to keep your driver’s license if you put an interlock ignition device on your vehicle. 

Contact A Woodbury, MN DWI Lawyer Today 


If you were recently arrested for DWI near St-Paul or Woodbury, MN, you must work with an aggressive DWI attorney to fight for your rights. JS Defense, PA will work tirelessly in your DWI case. Contact JS Defense today using our contact form. Call: 651-968-9652


Share our post

Free Evaluation

Take the first step to protect your future. Tell us about your case to receive a free and confidential consultation.


This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by attorney Justin M. Schiks who has more than 20 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney.

Aggressive, Personalized defense

At JS Defense: Minnesota Criminal Defense Lawyer, you are not just one of the many. We pride ourselves on our availability for our clients. Our firm is regionally and nationally recognized in the legal community as delivering an aggressive defense for each and every client, no matter how serious the case. If it matters to you, it matters to us!

Request A Free Case Evaluation

Explain your case to receive a free and confidential initial case evaluation. We are available 24/7 so you can get the help you need quickly.