First DWI Charges in Minnesota

St. Paul DWI Defense Lawyers

Being charged with DWI for the first time can be a very stressful experience, and those who are accused of driving while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol are often faced with difficulties adjusting to an unfamiliar legal process, or accepting the appropriate penalties for such traffic offenses.

All drivers should know their rights when it comes to DWI in Minnesota, and it is of great importance that you discuss your options with a skilled St. Paul criminal defense attorney who can provide solid guidance and support throughout the process.

Penalties for First DWI

The penalties associated with a first-time DWI offense can be quite harsh depending on the specifics of the crime itself. License suspensions are commonplace and may have a time frame of up to one full year depending on factors such as increased BAC, passengers under the age of 16 or refusal of implied consent laws which state that it is assumed that all drivers consent to blood alcohol testing administration by the simple act of operating a motor vehicle. Ignition interlock devices may also be required along with a litany of license reinstatement fees and fines, and up to 90 days in jail.

Dependable DWI Defense in St. Paul and Minneapolis

The firm has a wealth of experience and insight into Minnesota DWI laws, and has helped many clients to get the quality legal representation they need in order to fight their DWI charge in court. Our firm can build a solid case for defense based on the specific circumstances of the arrest, in addition to identifying and taking advantage of critical errors in the arrest or BAC testing process that may render a case impossible for the prosecution to pursue.

We strongly believe that the accused are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, and we will fight hard to make sure you get the best possible legal support to help you through this difficult time in your life.

Contact a St. Paul DWI defense attorney if you have been charged with driving while intoxicated and would like to contest your charges in court.